Monday 3 October 2016

PHYSICAL CHARACTER CREATION

Birth of Goodoo Goods



To create Goodoo I have used different materials which have been surrounding  me. The idea came up very fast I noticed that I could use a single stick to represent the body. The rest parts came up together to try to represent doll body which would look like Voodoo doll. That would work well with the Idea with came in straight after I took the first stick for my character. He will be the opposite of Voodoo doll. Good and positive guy who needs the appropriate name. For his legend, I took the idea that some very skilled craftsman with very deep knowledge of the white magic could create him with the purpose to serve others. This would be a very nice story of his existence. 




From the very beginning, I noticed that the amount of resources I have is not enough to create the Ideal version of my doll. I had couple wooden sticks with indefinite purpose, buttons, white cord and pins. So my creativeness was suffering because it was limited by the amount of detail I could use to create this beautiful voodoo doll. But I started to assemble this creature no matter what. 

                            

I have used the stick from the Starbucks coffee to represent the arms of my doll. ( this will be a nice detail for the cut-out animation. Otherwise, my doll will look too stationary) Winding the cord around the body gave me a variety of the surface I decorated with some thumbtacks. I have used a large button to give a look of the head so I excluded any option for eyes, but we must sacrifice something in the name of the beauty. 



                            


I begged some bands from my neighbor to avoid the complete disgrace of my design. I wrapped these bands around the main body to add some tribal look to it. All the time while I have been creating this little creature I thought that I could bring to this lesson way more materials to create a better creature. But the effort is proportional to the outcome so it is only the fault of mine. Next time when I will have a task to create something I will put my maximum effort into it even if it is going to take a whole day.



                            



                            


Summary

It just seems that character creation I something simple. It is not - because all of the time you can think that you could do something differently. I do like my creation, but if I would have more resources than I would definitely create something else. I enjoyed this task simply because it makes your brain work extensively to produce something unique and original.  I do realize that I could add more detail, but for this purpose, the nature of this creature is not about the external. This creature represents our feelings and as our feelings are hidden deep inside, this creature is more beautiful in its core. And I don't want to offend my creature, I really enjoyed the creation process of you, but next time I will create the much more attractive outfit for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment