Wednesday 2 November 2016

FILMING IN SPACE

Filming in space


Final animation



For the next couple sessions, we will go out to some historical places of London to film in space. The video must be one minute long to show what could possibly happen in such a short period of time.I will use a stop motion technique to achieve this goal. I have also thought about some places which would be suitable for my character, some colourful  and charismatic streets. Like brick lane. 






We also will present a cut-out animation with our character in the main role. I will have Lotte Reiniger work as a reference as her animation are just amazing. Also, this kind of work can show you how detailed your work needs to be to have an impression on the audience. 

P.S

I need to figure out how the silhouette of my character is going to move its parts and I need to find very good locations for cuts to make my character look alive during the stop motion animation.  

I will make cuts for arms and head. Feet of my character will stay still as its a doll who literally cannot move. 


Update - 25.10.16

My plan has been changed and I decided to move to London bridge as this location is much more historical and locates at the river Themes. The storyboard itself contains  a narrative about the regular walk around the city when you are meeting your friends and having a good time enjoying a simple walk. My classmates went with me for shooting and also have taken their creatures to compose a nice company. Shooting went good but when I did my presentation I received  negative feedback. I can easily hold critics so I have been listening very carefully to catch up things I did wrong. Of course, I would like to say, that this video was just about regular amusement as many people do - just walk around and having a time together. Obviously, I will need to film another video with a stronger narrative and possibly "update" my character to make him more interesting and attractive. 


Production: 

I have been using Canon DSLR camera and the tree branch to hold my character and move him along. For the post-production, I have used AE software to work with my images. 


Thoughts about the filming in space:


To start with the objective critics I would like to share my feelings about the actual filming process. I felt very uncomfortable while I was filming my short film. I have been thinking about the people who surround me and this aspect really prevented me from creating a very interesting and narrative filled movie. I do understand that this is not a valuable excuse and I could do my work better but this sociopathic aspect of me just took exceeded me. I have also noted to myself that this can't be a part of a professional artist so I will make myself to step over it and produce a very valuable and professional fork in future.

Summary: 

In overall I enjoyed this task very much. I accepted that fact that sometimes I need to do work in places where I would never act like this. In many cases, things like filming your weird characters could be embarrassing but you just need to handle it. It was very interesting to develop the story for the creature and I tried to create something unique and simple at the same time. I want to note peculiarity that receiving feedback can be fun and you do not need to admit it as a criticism. I totally agreed with the feedback I have received I do understand that you can do work much better.  




No comments:

Post a Comment